BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AnnaShami
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to export a sas dataset to MS Access database using following code on EG SAS:

Proc export table="TEST"

outtable="TEST"

DBMS= Access Replace;

Database="Location..\TEST.accdb";

run;

But I am getting this error message:

Error: Connect: Class not registered

I had the same issue with proc export to excel file. When I changed the DBMS to XLS or XLSX form EXCEL. it worked for Excel. But not sure about exporitng to MS Access db.

I would appreciate your help..

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Then an additional configuration is needed.  You would need to install (or ask your admin to install) the PC Files Server.  On a Windows machine, you don't need it to run as a service all of the time.  SAS will automatically start the process for you as needed.  The only step that you should need to do is install it.

This SAS Note contains some instructions:

43802 - Installing SAS® 9.3 PC Files Server and using it to convert 32-bit Microsoft Office files to...

If you need additional help, I suggest that you work with SAS Technical Support on this.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I suspect that this is the issue:

The top gotchas when moving to 64-bit SAS for Windows - The SAS Dummy

To fix, try DBMS=ACCESSCS.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
AnnaShami
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Chris,

I tried using DBMS=ACCESCS and here is what I see:

ERROR: Failed to connect to the Server:

Thanks

AnnaShami
Fluorite | Level 6

sorry there was a typo..I used ACCESSCS.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Then an additional configuration is needed.  You would need to install (or ask your admin to install) the PC Files Server.  On a Windows machine, you don't need it to run as a service all of the time.  SAS will automatically start the process for you as needed.  The only step that you should need to do is install it.

This SAS Note contains some instructions:

43802 - Installing SAS® 9.3 PC Files Server and using it to convert 32-bit Microsoft Office files to...

If you need additional help, I suggest that you work with SAS Technical Support on this.

Chris

AnnaShami
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Chris! It worked.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 2 in conversation