BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
I was also told by support that it is by request only from my account manager, they should be able to generate a order to enable us to download the latest depot which 'should' contain 4.3.

I must say the new way of obtaining the software is not very easy, sounds like we have to refresh our depot.

It is also a new install ie, at the end of the install you will have both 4.2 and 4.3 on your pc (assuming 4.2 was already installed), rather than an upgrade.

Barry
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
started the exercise about an hour ago.
hopefully, this means I have 4.3[pre]Update Summary
Products to Install: Installed Updated
SAS Enterprise Guide 4.22 4.3
SAS Drivers for ODBC 9.22 9.23 [/pre]
yes that's it - installed
ok thank you SAS

peterC
lanceanz
Obsidian | Level 7
EG 4.3 first appears in SAS 9.2 TS2M3 Rev. 920_10w34. If your shipment details show anything less than 10w34 then you'll not be getting EG 4.3.
lanceanz
Obsidian | Level 7
I now have 920_10w34 installed, with EG 4.3. Thanks to SAS for creating a new download. Looks like getting 10w34 is still semi-manual, so anyone placing an order should double-check the "Product" line of the email.

And EG 4.3 is happily displaying data from a SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services cube.

I've also created a software depot on a 16GB USB memory stick. Installing from a USB stick has proven significantly faster than DVD or network installs (but we still use the later for the main rollout). Ideal for 1-off test installs.
Jaime
Fluorite | Level 6
Is Enterprise Guide 4.3 compatible with the 9.2 server?
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
yes
(probably all) migration issues are resolved in getting the server up to 9.2.
To check, review the "Administering SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3" at http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/index.html
In the middle it says "If you are migrating from SAS Enterprise Guide 4.2, the metadata is already in a SAS 9.2 Metadata Repository, so you only need to migrate SAS Enterprise Guide projects."
and
"A utility is included with SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3 to enable you to migrate groups of projects and documents to the correct format and to make global changes to metadata references. For more information, see Using the Migration Wizard." which may be the most important link for you "Using the Migration Wizard" http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/enclient/62806/HTML/default/n1say3dhjl5nz2n19dox33fswe6t...

depending on your number of projects

peter

Useful also of course "What's New in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3"
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
I have asked SAS is EG4.3 supported against a server running SAS9.2M2, and have had two answers, the first from Tech support saying "Yes it should be ok", and the second, from my local office saying "No you'll need to upgrade to M3".

I can't seem to find any documentation explicitly saying what versions of SAS 4.3 is supported against.

Does any one know the actual answer?

I am looking at the benifits of installing 4.3, but am unable to move to M3 yet. I understand we should upgrade to M3, but we have limited resources etc.

Cheers

Barry
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Technically it works with 9.2, any maintenance.

But best experience is with 9.2 maint 3; there are just a couple of features in 4.3 that depend on it. If you can install 4.3, and have to wait a bit before installing 9.2 maint 3. That's okay. EG 4.3 will work just fine.

Chris
Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for that clarification Chris.

Also good to see you downunder, hopefully you enjoyed yourself.

Cheers

Barry
frisco
Calcite | Level 5
Two questions: 1) Is EG 4.3 now available in a 64 bit version (sorry if this was answered elsewhere). and 2) Is EG 4.3 looking for any particular Java runtime environment (especially on Windows 7).

TIA.

Stanley
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
EG 4.3 is still a 32-bit application, but it installs/runs on 64-bit Windows 7 (and other flavors of Windows). Keep in mind that EG is a client application that uses SAS for all data access and computation, and it can connect to 64-bit versions of SAS, where that 64-bitness really is important.

EG 4.3 doesn't use Java directly. It is a .NET application and uses .NET 3.5SP1. If you have Windows 7, you already have it.

Chris
Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 in conversation