BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Astha21
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am new to SAS. The version of SAS Enterprise Guide is 7.15 . On trying to execute procedure for map ie gmap with sample code as following:

proc gmap data=mapsgfk.africa1 map=mapsgfk.africa1;

id id;

choro id / nolegend;

run;

quit;

I am getting the error :

ERROR: Procedure GMAP not found.

Please help in resolving it.

Regards,

Astha

6 REPLIES 6
Amir
PROC Star

I understand that proc gmap is part of SAS/Graph, so it is worth checking if you have that product.

You can use the following code to see which SAS products you have:

proc setinit;
run;

The results should be in the log.

Regards,

Amir.

Astha21
Calcite | Level 5

I run the procedure setinit and found SAS/GRAPH is installed. Also checked the product_status proc with following result:

For Base SAS Software ...
Custom version information: 9.4_M4
Image version information: 9.04.01M4P110916
For SAS/GRAPH ...
Custom version information: 9.4_M4
For SAS LASR Analytic Server ...
Custom version information: 2.8

Amir
PROC Star

Well if it is installed and has not expired then try using another SAS/Graph procedure (https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/graph/) to see if you get the same issue.

Either way, if no one here can provide an answer, then I suggest you try contacting SAS Technical Support and once you get a resolution you can update this thread with the solution.

Amir.

jebjur
SAS Employee

Is it possible you have SAS/Graph licensed but the product is not installed on the SAS Server? If you have a connection to the server in Enterprise Guide (look for the green check mark next to the server name in the Eguide server list), right-click on the server name and select Properties. Go to the Software tab and click 'View SAS Server products'. Make sure SAS/Graph is both licensed and installed.

Astha21
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply.

Verified the way you have told, SAS/Graph is both licensed and installed. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation