BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nicolasbaviano
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone!

I'm having trouble with some SAS programs - it's strange that I can run some programs within one Projetct, but I can't run others..

I tried even executing a blank code. I get the following errors:

1 ;*';*";*/;quit;run;

2 OPTIONS PAGENO=MIN;

3 %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL='Program';

ERROR: Macro keyword LET appears as text.

4 %LET _CLIENTPROCESSFLOWNAME='Process Flow';

5 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH='';

6 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATHHOST='';

7 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME='';

8 %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE='';

9 %LET _SASPROGRAMFILEHOST='';

Can someone help me on this one?  Does it have to do with the program's OPTIONS?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jebjur
SAS Employee

Errors such as yours occur if you submitted macro code in Enterprise Guide that contains a missing semi-colon or missing parenthesis. Once this occurs, the Eguide session is not able to recover.  You can try placing the following string at the very top of your code to try and recover from the error.

;*%mend;*);*';*";**/;

run;

If this does not resolve the error, you will have to restart your EG session and fix your macro code before submitting it again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jebjur
SAS Employee

Errors such as yours occur if you submitted macro code in Enterprise Guide that contains a missing semi-colon or missing parenthesis. Once this occurs, the Eguide session is not able to recover.  You can try placing the following string at the very top of your code to try and recover from the error.

;*%mend;*);*';*";**/;

run;

If this does not resolve the error, you will have to restart your EG session and fix your macro code before submitting it again.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Nope, not to do with options.  You have an error in your code somewhere, unbalanced quotes or unfinished blocks.  This: ;*';*";*/;quit;run;

Is a kind of catch all but doesn't always work.  You need to first identify when the error starts occurring, e.g. run each project in a fresh SAS session, the reason for the fresh session is that unbalanced quotes and such like hang over for the next run.  I.e. if one program breaks the compiler, then all programs until the problem is fixed will fail.  Starting a new session clears all that.  As for helping debug, you will need to find out where it starts, run them all, find the first occurrence, then look at the code from that point backwards.

nicolasbaviano
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks! Indeed, after restarting the session it worked.
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Another option is to disconnect from your SAS session and then connect to a new one. That will get rid of any of these issues that SAS is "holding on" to.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation