BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yylwyr
Calcite | Level 5

I was doing problem 5.6 for regression. And SAS gives me this error. I could not figure out how to fixed it by myself.

thank you so much for helping.

8 REPLIES 8
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You need to specify a path for the graphics files where you have write permission. You can't create sasgraph.png (which will be the file containing your GRAPH output) in the SAS configuration tree, where only the SAS install user has write permissions.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Generally, when you have the folders "biconfig" and "Lev1" and "SASApp" in a folder path when using SAS on a server with Enterprise Guide, that is hinting at 2 things: 1) your Enterprise Guide application is talking to SAS as part of a BI server installation and 2) you probably do not have write access to the default location where SAS/GRAPH is trying to write the image file.

My recommendation would be that you work with Tech Support. Someone will need to look at the code that you submitted in EG (probably via a Task or Wizard) and either make a suggestion for how to write to a temporary directory or how to get your SAS Admin to give you a location where you can write files.

cynthia

mani7601
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem, my code below and my pdf fils is not generating
Using SASStudio on demand for academeics, I'm trying to create an PDF file through ODS function in my local users folders, but it is not happening

data cars;
set sashelp.cars;
run;

ods pdf file="C:\Users\539605\MANI.pdf";
proc means data=cars;
var length horsepower;
run;
ods pdf close;

** ERROR **

ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/SASApp/C:\Users\539605\MANI.pdf.

I'm practicing for my BAS Sase exam.

Thanks,
Mark
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please post your questions in your own threads, such old threads won't attract much attention.

Your SAS workspace server runs on a remote UNIX server, so you need to use a pathname that

• is valid UNIX filesystem syntax
  • points to a location where you have write permission

Right-click on your "My folders", and take the path information from there.

Your path needs to start with a forward slash, indicating an absolute path that starts at system root.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
If you are using SAS OnDemand for Academics, you should open the Server Files and Folders pane. At the top of that pane, you should see a top node called Files(Home). Right click on that top folder to make a new folder called output. Now, once that folder is created you can right click on the folder and choose Properties. In the location field of the Properties window, you should see the path to your new output folder. It should be something like:
/home/<youruserID>/output

Assuming you put the output folder directly under the Files(Home) folder and didn't nest it under any other folder, you'll need to use that path. SAS OnDemand for Academics does not have the ability to write to your C drive on Windows. SAS OnDemand for Academics can only write to the folders that you see under Server Files and Folders. Then, after your output is created in that folder, you can right click and download to your machine.

So let's say that your userID is u1234567, so if you make an output folder, your path would be:
/home/u1234567/output
That means your ODS PDF statement would be:
ODS PDF file='/home/u1234567/output/myreport.pdf';
*** more code;
ODS PDF close;

And if the step runs correctly, you'd see the PDF file in the output folder and then you could right click on it to download it to your machine.
Cynthia

kelv8
Calcite | Level 5
This was extremely helpful. Thank you!
POOJA_J
Obsidian | Level 7
I was facing the same error. This worked for me. Thanks so much.
u62350071
Calcite | Level 5

Hi 

I don't know how old this query is but my solution is this try other way slash in path if you type everything right.

ie pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/SASApp/C:\Users\539605\MANI.pdf.

it should be pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/SASApp/C:/Users/539605/MANI.pdf.

Thanks..!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 7 in conversation