BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
iank
Calcite | Level 5

I would like help with my EG language settings and getting my results output in English.

I am using my University computer which has installed Base SAS 9.4 and EG 6.1. Base SAS runs both in Spanish and in English. I am running on Windows 7 and the default language setting for the computer is Spanish. In EG, I have clicked Tools >> Options >> General >> Enterprise Guide Language Settings and selected the current language to be English (United States), exited the EG program and then restarted EG so that the EG user interface is in English instead of the default Spanish.

However, when I run tasks, the output I get is still in Spanish, or a mixture of Spanish with English titles that are user defined. This is annoying if I want to use reports to export for use in an English only environment. See the screenshot. Instead of where "procedure", "Information on Class Levels", etc should be in English, I get "Procedimiento", "Información de nivel de clase", etc in Spanish. The title is user defined by me, hence is in English.

after1.JPG

In an effort to fix this, I saw in another similar forum discussion that I should try running some code, so I ran:

OPTIONS LOCALE=EN_US; run;

proc options group=languagecontrol; run;

The output I got (amongst other things) was:

Group=LANGUAGECONTROL

DFLANG=ENGLISH    Specifies the language for international date informats and formats.

However, the output is exactly the same as the screenshot above. No change in output language.

Can someone help me please!

Thanks so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iank
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks so much Jaap! Your response was very helpful.

This is what I did to solve my problem:

1. In my computer's Windows Explorer, (I will write the path name in Spanish, as it is on my computer):

C: >> Archivos de programa >> SASHome >> SASFoundation >> 9.4

2. I found a file called sasV9.cfg which has configuration information for BASE SAS.

3. I used a SAS text editor and changed the language from "es" to "en",

that is I changed:

-config "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\es\sasv9.cfg"

to

-config "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en\sasv9.cfg"

Note: Apparently you can use NotePad to make this change although I didn't try, but do NOT use MS Word.

4. Saved the updated sasV9.cfg file.

5. Reopened Enterprise Guide... and it worked. Now all the outputs now come out in English.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

As you ar running Eguide to the Windows-version SAS, many help/language files are set by the SAS-config option.

What is the default SAS version started (config-en or config_esp) by Eguide?

Eguide starts the SAS process using a windows-registry. That one is normal the sas command - language version like you have typed "SAS" in a prompt.  

---->-- ja karman --<-----
iank
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks so much Jaap! Your response was very helpful.

This is what I did to solve my problem:

1. In my computer's Windows Explorer, (I will write the path name in Spanish, as it is on my computer):

C: >> Archivos de programa >> SASHome >> SASFoundation >> 9.4

2. I found a file called sasV9.cfg which has configuration information for BASE SAS.

3. I used a SAS text editor and changed the language from "es" to "en",

that is I changed:

-config "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\es\sasv9.cfg"

to

-config "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en\sasv9.cfg"

Note: Apparently you can use NotePad to make this change although I didn't try, but do NOT use MS Word.

4. Saved the updated sasV9.cfg file.

5. Reopened Enterprise Guide... and it worked. Now all the outputs now come out in English.

Thanks again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation