BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dan999
Fluorite | Level 6

Someone I work with tried to open a dataset by clicking on it in SAS EG and no data showed up. I can open the dataset by clicking on it and run a query to see the results. He has the same permissions to the folder/dataset that I do.

When I had him run the query that I ran he got this:

NOTE: Statement not executed due to NOEXEC option.

30         quit;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE SQL used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

He ran a datastep and didn't get an error but no data showed up either. I had him put "options noerrorstop;" before the query and he got this error:

Options noerrorstop;

ERROR 13-12: Unrecognized SAS option name NOERRORSTOP.

Any ideas on why he can't see the data?

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User
30         quit;

That is only the last message in a chain of messages that somewere starts with an ERROR or even just a WARNING. Please post the whole log of the failing step; if this is part of a multi-node project, make sure that all nodes executed previously within the same session do so without generating a WARNING or an ERROR.

dan999
Fluorite | Level 6

@Kurt_Bremser wrote:
30         quit;

That is only the last message in a chain of messages that somewere starts with an ERROR or even just a WARNING. Please post the whole log of the failing step; if this is part of a multi-node project, make sure that all nodes executed previously within the same session do so without generating a WARNING or an ERROR.

1          ;*';*";*/;quit;run;

2          OPTIONS PAGENO=MIN;

3          %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL='Program';

4          %LET _CLIENTPROCESSFLOWNAME='Process Flow';

5          %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH='';

6          %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME='';

7          %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE=;

9          ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

10         OPTIONS DEV=ACTIVEX;

11         GOPTIONS XPIXELS=0 YPIXELS=0;

12         FILENAME EGSR TEMP;

13         ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) FILE=EGSR

14             STYLE=HtmlBlue

15             STYLESHEET=(URL="file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SAS94/x86/SASEnterpriseGuide/7.1/Styles/HtmlBlue.css")

16             NOGTITLE

17             NOGFOOTNOTE

18             GPATH=&sasworklocation

19             ENCODING=UTF8

20             options(rolap="on")

21         ;

NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.SASREPORT13(EGSR) Body file: EGSR

23         GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE;

24         libname data1 "/optum/csg/01datafs/dev/phi/output/auto/sas/OHCA_Dashboard/22766_32637002";

NOTE: Libref DATA1 was successfully assigned as follows:

Engine:        V9

Physical Name: /optum/csg/01datafs/dev/phi/output/auto/sas/OHCA_Dashboard/22766_32637002

25         proc sql;

NOTE: PROC SQL set option NOEXEC and will continue to check the syntax of statements.

26              create table temp7 as

27              select *

28              from data1.engagement

29         ;

30         quit;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE SQL used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

33         GOPTIONS NOACCESSIBLE;

34         %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL=;

35         %LET _CLIENTPROCESSFLOWNAME=;

36         %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH=;

37         %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME=;

38         %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE=;

40         ;*';*";*/;quit;run;

41         ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

44         QUIT; RUN;

This is the error when he runs the query. There is no error when he tries to click on the data and open it. It just opens with no results. Thanks.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I suspect the SYNTAXCHECK SAS system option is set on your colleague's server, thus when the error occurs, the SAS session goes into syntax check mode (see Overview of Syntax Check Mode), which sets OBS= option to 0, thus no records are returned.  To avoid, try setting NOSYNTAXCHECK option (ex. submit "options nosyntaxcheck;"), or fix the error that caused SAS to enter syntax check mode.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

dan999
Fluorite | Level 6

@CaseySmith wrote:

I suspect the SYNTAXCHECK SAS system option is set on your colleague's server, thus when the error occurs, the SAS session goes into syntax check mode (see Overview of Syntax Check Mode), which sets OBS= option to 0, thus no records are returned.  To avoid, try setting NOSYNTAXCHECK option (ex. submit "options nosyntaxcheck;"), or fix the error that caused SAS to enter syntax check mode.

Casey

We use the same server so I don't know why it would work for me and not him. We'll try this suggestion. Thanks Casey.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

He may have some code in the autoexec features of Enterprise Guide that causes an ERROR.

(code sent when signing on, code sent before task nodes, code sent before program nodes, code in an Autoexec project flow)

dan999
Fluorite | Level 6

@Kurt_Bremser wrote:

He may have some code in the autoexec features of Enterprise Guide that causes an ERROR.

(code sent when signing on, code sent before task nodes, code sent before program nodes, code in an Autoexec project flow)

We use the same autoexec files so I don't know why he would get an error and I wouldn't. Thanks for the reply.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Maybe something in the personal environments causes a part of your "autoexec" process to throw an ERROR. eg different permissions cause a libname to fail or similar. There IS a difference between you two.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation