BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I've been tasked with moving a group of analysts over to EG to save money on Base SAS licenses. What I've been doing is taking SAS programs and converting them to use in EG. What I'm finding is that if EG is asked to create a large number of XML files via the ExcelXP tagset it crashes. Sometimes it just freezes during a proc report other times I get a SAS.exe has stopped working.

I've tried a number of approaches and nothing so far has worked. What I've tried is:

1. Adding NOSOURCE and NONOTES to options
  2. Adding ODS NORESULTS
  3. Not opening my Base SAS which uses RSASUSER before running the program

Does anyone have any other suggestions that I could try? The same code works without any issue whatsoever in Base SAS.

Very frustrating!

cheers

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Even if you add ODS NORESULTS to your program, SAS Enterprise Guide is still generating some ODS statements that might have an effect.

Try this: while in the program editor, click the Properties icon (upper right side of the toolbar on top of the program window).  In the Properties window, select the Results tab.  Select the Customize option, and clear all of the results types checkboxes.  This tells EG to not open any ODS destinations while running the program -- except for those that you declare within your own code.

codeprop.png

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

This sounds like an issue for Tech Support. They can look at your code and test with the same version of SAS and EG that you use. They will probably need to look at your logs. Especially with the SAS.EXE not working message.

cynthia

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Even if you add ODS NORESULTS to your program, SAS Enterprise Guide is still generating some ODS statements that might have an effect.

Try this: while in the program editor, click the Properties icon (upper right side of the toolbar on top of the program window).  In the Properties window, select the Results tab.  Select the Customize option, and clear all of the results types checkboxes.  This tells EG to not open any ODS destinations while running the program -- except for those that you declare within your own code.

codeprop.png

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Chris,

That seems to have fixed it which is strange as I'd turned everything off under Tools > Options. I'll do some more testing but it handled the amount I threw at it the other day when it crashed. Thanks to both yourself and Cynthia, much appreciated.

cheers

Steve

mbusa
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am having this same problem with SAS itselft. the program seems to execute but SAS hangs up when creating the xml file.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to fix this?

It is very frustrating!!

Best,

Michelle

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation