BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sfmeier
Obsidian | Level 7

I have built a  SAS project for a client and they want the end date of the previous month to be automatically input in the list of parameters when they open the program. Is there any way to do that in SAS EG 7.13 HF7 (7.100.3.5524) (32-Bit)?

Kind regards,

Stefan

4 REPLIES 4
Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Pass a parameter by creating a macro variable.

data _null_;

call symput('prev_month_end',put(intnx('month', today(), -1,'e'), date9.)); /*replace date9. format with your required format. */

run;

sfmeier
Obsidian | Level 7
I know how to generate the value. I just want to know how i can dynamically populate the eG Parameter selection interface with it?
Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

you have to create stored process  with input parameters as you required.  Refer to stored process guide

ballardw
Super User

@sfmeier wrote:

I have built a  SAS project for a client and they want the end date of the previous month to be automatically input in the list of parameters when they open the program. Is there any way to do that in SAS EG 7.13 HF7 (7.100.3.5524) (32-Bit)?

Kind regards,

Stefan

Depending on exactly how an organization runs you might find that you need to write this, and possibly other, values into a data set. Your project would then begin by reading that data set, when present and setting the appropriate value, again when actually in the data set. Then the ending value would have to be updated in the data set very soon after establishing the value.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation