BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rodcjones
Obsidian | Level 7

I have SAS enterprise guide .egp projects that are set on a schedule. They generally run fine. But I have had failures that show the error code 0xE0434352 in the task scheduler. I think that what’s causing the failure is that the project log has gotten too big. (If I run the process flow manually, I get the pop ups saying it has exceeded a certain size.) After I clear the log and turn it off, the task runs as scheduled.

I’m a little bit dubious that oversized project log prevents scheduled tasks from completing, so I wanted to ask for the community’s wisdom.

1. Is it correct that SAS EG scheduled tasks won’t run when the project log reaches a particular size?
  2. If yes, is it possible to prevent this or have a workaround so a large project log won’t interfere with the scheduled task?

The reason I’m asking #2 is because I find utility in having the project log for troubleshooting. If I have to turn off all my project logs to allow schedules, I’ll do it, but I’d prefer to not have to.

SAS 9.4, EG 7.1, Server 2012 R2

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Rodcjones,

I agree and endorse the recommendation provided by Kurt. I would say that seems to be the best option.

Alternatives I can think of:

- Switch of project logs, indeed, as you said

- Split them up and make smaller projects and create a chain of them

- Reduce the information level on the project logs (defined on the xml definition for your project logs)

And I cannot think ofany other. Perhaps you may try to create a trigger on the schedule, to first launch a bat to clean the log and then re-run the scheduled EG project

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can change the prompted size of your EG project log using the ProjectLogMaxSize option. This post explains how:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2010/12/17/sas-logs-in-enterprise-guide-wheres-the-beef/

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Starting in EG 7.15, you can perform Project Log operations (enable/disable, get the log text, save to file, send email, or clear) via the EG automation interface, so another option would be to add a Clear call to your scheduled .vbs file (and optionally save the project log out before clearing). For example:

Set objProjectLog = objProject.ProjectLog
	objProjectLog.Clear()

' Other optional operations
	'objProjectLog.Enabled = True
	'strProjectLog = objProjectLog.Text
	'objProjectLog.SaveAs "c:\temp\projectLog.txt"

'toList(0) = "me@here.com"
	'objProjectLog.SendMail "", "", toList, ccList, "my subject", "my body text"

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation