BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
felyp222
Fluorite | Level 6

I have the following task: When a user opens the Enterprise Guide from the local machine, a pop up message must be display with a message like : 'Welcome USER -your last login date : 6 October 2016'

Now, I'm facing with two problem:

1. how and what do I need to set up o for each user that connects to Enterprise Guide to dispay a personalize message when the application is open (server is connected). I have tried the command %put &userid in autoexec, but no effect.

2. I set up an appender so I can collect the information about the last login date into a log file, but when I try to read the data from the log, i have the message :' ERROR: A lock is not available for ...'.

Can you please help me with some suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You could probably have a custom task to do something like this...but I'm not sure if the customer experience will be super smooth. 

Here's an example of a similar, but different, task.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
felyp222
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much for your response. It is a very interesting task, and I like the solution.

For my task I will need to find a way so the user must be informed about the last date when was logged on.

In Option- I saw an options in SAS Programs 

• Submit SAS code when server is connected

I write a simple %put User-ID: &sysuserid; but did not see anything when I opend EG.

Do you have any idee if and how can I use this option for what I need?

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

What if you were to write a simple non-SAS program that does what you need, and then this program calls EG?

Tom

felyp222
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you  Tom

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Yes, what I'm suggesting is write a quick program that:

1. Checks if there's a previous date stashed

2. If there is, displays a message with that date

3. Updates that date by stashing the current date

4. Proceeds to call EG

Very kludgy, but I can't thing of anything else.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation