BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have noticed that when I create code or data in EG the default permissions are for owner and group to have read and write access. Our default on the UNIX server is RW-R-R. How can I change the default to allow only read access to group members using EG?
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
sounds like a code node is required.
The following is based on the techniques we used in SAS6, so it probably still works.
To get the op.sys to mark the file permissions, the code node would capture the latest dataset from &syslast, then determine the physical name and path,
then pipe to a datastep infile, the effect of command:

chmod +{whatever} your.latest.dataset.sas7bdat

In SAS8 and SAS9, perhaps the chmod command can be executed through some other command handler like %sysexec.

Good Luck
Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation