BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Chris and everybody,

I am developing a custom task for EG4.1 with VB.NET (VS.NET 2003), I am not able to add SAS.EG.Controls in the ToolBox, I am getting the error:

"The object with ID 11 implements the IObjectReference interface for which all dependencies cannot be resolved. The most likely cause is two instances of IObjectReference that have a mutual dependency on each other"

I am getting this error after doing the following:
Menu > ToolBox to display the ToolBox; RightClick on Windows Forms Tab > Add/Removes Items...> click Browse... > navigate to select C:\Program Files\SAS Institute\Shared Files\BIClientTasks\4\SAS.EG.Controls.dll

Note1: My project already references the following items:
Adodb; Sas.eg.controls; Sas.interop.sas; Shared.addins; System; System.data;
System.drawing; Windows.forms; System.xml

Note2: As I also have EG3 installed, if I attempt to add ...\BIClientTasks\3\SAS.EG.Controls.dll, no error is generated.

Thanks for any help.

Maurice
3 REPLIES 3
prholland
Fluorite | Level 6
Can I add that I'm getting the same message, except that I'm seeing "ID 243" instead of "ID 11" in the error message?

I wouldn't have seen this, but I thought I'd redevelop an existing EG3 Add-in to use EG4.1 controls to circumvent SN-017595!

........Phil
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
I apologize for the delayed response. Please try these steps:

How to Add SAS-supported controls to the Visual Studio toolbox for use with SAS Enterprise Guide custom tasks

1. Create a new project using the SAS EG AddIn 4 template (available from http://support.sas.com/eguide)

2. Add a reference to the project: C:\Program Files\SAS\Enterprise Guide 4\SAS.EG.Controls.dll
You'll see a message similar to the following:

In order to add this reference, the directory 'c:\program files\sas\enterprise guide 4' will be added to the project's ReferencePath property. This will change where the following references are found: SAS.Shared.AddIns.

Do you want to continue and add the reference?

Select Yes.

4. Right-click in Toolbox area, select Add/Remove Items…

5. In Customize Toolbox window, select Browse…

6. Navigate to C:\Program Files\SAS\Enterprise Guide 4\SAS.EG.Controls.dll and then select Open

This should add many controls to the .NET Framework Components tab, with checkbox states selected, from the SAS.EG.Controls namespace.

Note that only the SAS Variable Selector, SAS Format Selector, and SAS Color Selector are documented and supported for customer use.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
prholland
Fluorite | Level 6
Chris,

Your suggestions do allow the components in SAS.EG.Controls.dll to be added to the Toolbox, and my EG4 Add-In compiles and adds into EG 4.1. However, after I've selected the input data for the Add-In I get the following error window in EG 4.1:

Application Error
System.IO.FileLoadException
The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'SAS.EG.Controls' does not match the assembly reference.
--------- Technical information Follows ----------
[SAS.EG.ProjectsElements]
The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'SAS.EG.Controls' does not match the assembly reference.
--------------------------
at SAS.EG.ProjectsElements.EGTask.Show(Win32WindowOwner)
at SAS.EG.SEGuide.MainForm.AddTask(Guid taskGuid, Element inputData, Boolean blsWizard)
at SAS.EG.SEGuide,MainForm.LaunchTask(Element target, Giud taskGuid, Boolean blsWizard)
etc....

Is this due to EG 4.1 looking in ...\SAS\Shared Files\BIClientTasks\4\, but the compiled reference is from ...\SAS\Enterprise Guide 4\, and it is different?
If so, then why are they different?

...........Phil

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation