BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
s34831850
Fluorite | Level 6

i've got the data has different currency 

need to calculate the amout of money that has been received for each order in aud

how could i do that?

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 6.58.23 PM (2).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You need a second table that contains currency, date and exchange rate. Then you can join on currency and date to retrieve the rate for the calculation.

s34831850
Fluorite | Level 6

you mean this data right?

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 7.14.15 PM (2).png

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I don't see different currencies in your post - they are all NZD.

In case you have realy different currencies, you have to look for currency rates per date -

some external data or web tool.

RahulG
Barite | Level 11

You should have dataset for currency conversion .

This should contain currency conversion rate for all currency to AUD. This dataset should have rate on every day. 

Currency Conversion

DATE    CURRENCY    RATE

Then you should join your Transaction table to Currency Conversion based on Date and Currency find the value in AUD.

s34831850
Fluorite | Level 6

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 7.14.15 PM (2).png

this one right?

using left join? 

and then using rate*the amount

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Left join, with your original dataset on the left. If your exchange rate table does not cover all combinations of currency&date, you have to deal with that. Best by expanding the currency table.

s34831850
Fluorite | Level 6
got it!!! thxs
s34831850
Fluorite | Level 6
what if i want to run a two sample t-test to compare money received for the two groups?
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

Can you be more illustrative about two sample t-test?

Which are the two groups on you want to run t-test?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation