libname lib2 odbc
DATASRC=server
USER=userID
PASSWORD="&dbpass"
readbuff=1000
schema='Floro'
;
libname lib3 (lib1 lib2);

So what I whant to do is to only have lib3 in my explorer window. Right now I am geting all 3 libs displayed. But I want only lib3 to be desplayed.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Forum etiquette suggestion: Duplicate posts in more than one forum is not necessary.

Regarding your question, my attempt at this task required a manual delete from the SAS Explorer Window.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
Hmm, EG is really designed to show you everything. You could try assigning lib1 and lib2 in the config file instead (syntax is a bit different from an autoexec). By default, they won't show up on the server list until the data is accessed... but I think that would happen as soon as you start using files from the concatenated library.

Perhaps someone else will have a good suggestion!
BigZ
Calcite | Level 5
FYI
I was able to solve my own problem. Here is my solution to the problem. I am posting it so that others can use it if they need it.

libname lib1 odbc
DATASRC=server
USER=userID
PASSWORD="&dbpass"
readbuff=1000
schema='dbo'
;

libname lib2 odbc
DATASRC=server
USER=userID
PASSWORD="&dbpass"
readbuff=1000
schema='Floro'
;
libname lib3 (lib1 lib2);

libname lib1 clear;
libname lib2 clear;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation