BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Heretic
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the help guys.  You were both right.

Arthur,

I just re-read what you wrote and a section about Picture Formats and get it now.  No wizards for a user defined format.  Ran a modified version of the little program based on what you posted.  I selected the name of my format under user defined had a custom date / time.    Works fine.

Reeza,

You were right about the datetime18.  There is no need to change formats.  I was following the end user's instructions on how they accomplish their manual process and mimicked their format change.  It was an unnecessary step.  Excel, SAS, and Access all spoke the same date time language if you just left everything alone. 

Now I know how to program for a custom format and don’t need it.  My brain hurts.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Way to go! Just a warning, the "brain hurts" condition is pretty much permanent one you dive deep into SAS. The product is phenomenal, can do pretty much anything, and usually six different ways. Enjoy!

One quick correction to your note. Enterprise Guide does create user defined formats, just not the type that use picture specifications.

Tom

art297
Opal | Level 21

Is that why my brain always hurts?  I thought it was just a function of living too far north.

Reeza
Super User

I'll take a brain hurt for one day versus 2 weeks of manual work...in the long run you'll end up with more down time as you add more SAS tools to your brain Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation