BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
THALLA_REDDY
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team,

I have created a Stored Process in SAS Enterprise Guide 8.3. Now I have to save it in server and it has to be auto called in codes ran by my users list by default. Can anyone on this group help me to achieve this??

thanks,

Thalla

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

A stored process created with EG is, by definition, stored on the SAS server. It can be found in SAS metadata through the "SAS Folders" interface in EG.

If you want other users to use it, the folder in SAS metadata must be accessible by them.

Get in contact with your SAS admin, who will tell you which folder to use, or help you create one correctly.

THALLA_REDDY
Obsidian | Level 7

thanks for your response,

Can you please let me know if we can make a stored process as a auto call one ?

thanks

Thalla

THALLA_REDDY
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes I agree with your point that autocall macro and stored process are different things. 

Actually my requirement is - "I have created a stored process in which I will get inputs from user through PROMPTS while running it". Now I have to make this Stored Process as Global and it has to run before starting of any code(Either a process flow or a program) submitted by users.

Please let me know the possibilities on this, If we have possibilities help me with best approach on this.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

So you need to make certain settings in an automated way. This raises some questions:

• when (and how often) do you need to do that (start of a session, each code submit, ...)
  • which settings have to be made, or which actions taken
  • on which parameters do those settings or actions depend
  • which interfaces to SAS your users use

The answers to these questions will determine the tools to be used.

Mind that it is quite complicated to call a stored process from code. STPs are mostly used through the web interface or clients (EG), but those clients provide only methods to run code automatically, not an STP.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation