BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hello,

Can someone tell me the best approach to make a indenpendent copy of a SAS code in EG server. When i do a make a copy of the sas code and paste it my personal directory and make some change and save it that change gets reflected in the server master copy since I the copy i made change is nothing but a shotcut of the copy in server location.

That's the precise problem I wanted to avoid and I wanted to create a independent copy that I can edit and save without impacting the master copy. The one way i can think of is manually opening the code and pasting that to a new program window. I wanted to keep that as the last option as I have a series of programs.

Thanks,

Anoop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Once you open an existing .sas file as a program in EG, a link to the file is added to your current project (as you observed). To prevent writing back of code to the original file, you have two options:

- right-click on the program in the project tree, "save as" to another location; a new .sas file is created, and the link will now point to that.

- right-click on the program link in the project, select Properties, and then "Embed". Once you do this, the code is stored within the project file, but not in an external .sas file.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Once you open an existing .sas file as a program in EG, a link to the file is added to your current project (as you observed). To prevent writing back of code to the original file, you have two options:

- right-click on the program in the project tree, "save as" to another location; a new .sas file is created, and the link will now point to that.

- right-click on the program link in the project, select Properties, and then "Embed". Once you do this, the code is stored within the project file, but not in an external .sas file.

anoopmohandas7
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you. The first option defintely works but I incline towards second as I have around 30 sas codes under the project. So i was trying to puruse the second option. But when I click the properties can you tell me how I need to embed. The below is what i see when I click on the program link (I understand the name Raw_Data is misguding but it's sas codes to extract the data).

SAS.jpg

anoopmohandas7
Quartz | Level 8

yes. I did see what you said about the embed under SAS codes option. Thanks. One final questions before I close the thread. Is there option to move the entire project without going through each individual programs and modifying it.

Thanks,

Anoop

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation