BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
isek
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Currently I am automating the launch of my SEG projects via powershell.

It works except when SASApp takes a long time to connect, so I wanted to know if anyone would be able to connect or activate the SASApp server via SAS code instead of double clicking on it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Depends on your needs. If you just need programs to run at a certain time, use cron. If you have more specific needs, and your organisation already has IT-wide scheduling deployed, use that. Also take a look at scheduling from the SAS Management Console, if you have a BI Server setup.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

As soon as you are able to run SAS code, the connection to the workspace server is already established; if no connection is present, you can't run SAS code anyway.

When getting a workspace server session from the object spawner is unreliable, you need to fix that first.

This is one of the many reasons why automating processes from the desktop is a sub-optimal solution. It is much better to turn your projects into SAS code that can be run  in batch mode on the server, and use the server's scheduling mechanisms.

isek
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello KurtBremser,

What do you propose as server scheduling mechanisms?

This is one of the many reasons why automating processes from the desktop is a sub-optimal solution. It is much better to turn your projects into SAS code that can be run in batch mode on the server, and use the server's scheduling mechanisms.

Thank you

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Depends on your needs. If you just need programs to run at a certain time, use cron. If you have more specific needs, and your organisation already has IT-wide scheduling deployed, use that. Also take a look at scheduling from the SAS Management Console, if you have a BI Server setup.

isek
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello KurtBremser,

Thank you for your suggestions, I will dig the cron solution.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Check with the IT/SAS administrators in your organisation to find out what scheduling tools are used already.

isek
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello SASKiwi,

I try to see with computers but in large structures it's quite complicated.

Thank you for your answer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation