BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MatthewDurieux
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there!

I am trying to create a report that includes all data for each subject row in the columns.

Currently, i have information for each subject in two separate reports (see first photo). Since the data has been summed up into SAS Reports I am having a hard time combining the original data. Is there any way i can add the Sum of Debits, Sum of Credits and Balance check from the first table to the right of the second table? Tables 1 and 2 are currently represented in SAS Report.

Table 1      
 ACCOUNT_NUM_1ACCOUNT_NUM_2TOTAL SUM   
BATCH_ID_1Sum of TransactionsSum of TransactionsBatch_Total Sum   
BATCH_ID_2Sum of TransactionsSum of TransactionsBatch_Total Sum   

Table 2      
 TOTAL_DEBITSTOTAL_CREDITSBALANCE   
BATCH_ID_1Sum of DebitsSum of Credits0   
BATCH_ID_2Sum of DebitsSum of Credits0   

Table 3 (end results)      
 ACCOUNT_NUM_1ACCOUNT_NUM_2TOTAL_SUMTOTAL_DEBITSTOTAL_DEBITSBALANCE
BATCH_ID_1Sum of TransactionsSum of TransactionsBatch_Transactions_SumSum of DebitsSum of Credits0
BATCH_ID_2Sum of TransactionsSum of TransactionsBatch_Transactions_SumSum of DebitsSum of Credits0
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

This is one good reason to avoid doing data processing in proc report.  Do all yor data processing before reporting it out, then your proc report simply reports a dataset. 

You can get sums and such like quite easily using SQL, means/summary procedures, datasteps.  Then if you need to, merge data together.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

This is one good reason to avoid doing data processing in proc report.  Do all yor data processing before reporting it out, then your proc report simply reports a dataset. 

You can get sums and such like quite easily using SQL, means/summary procedures, datasteps.  Then if you need to, merge data together.

MatthewDurieux
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks RW9. I'm trying to do that but having trouble with copying some of the report functionality into SAS Code.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation