BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
InêsMaximiano
Obsidian | Level 7

I have multiple jobs in Data Integration Studio leading to the formation of a final table (Table_A). I was asked to changed the format of one particular column in this table, and since I was not able to run the jobs in order to update it, I decided to update the metadata.

For that I started by updating the format in SAS Guide:

PROC SQL;
ALTER TABLE lib1.Table_A
MODIFY column_1  format=20. ;
quit;

Then I went to SAS DIS and updated the metadata on that particular table.

The final result was that I was able to change de format of the desired table both in SAS Guide and SAS DIS. 

However, when the multiple jobs that create that table run automatically by the batch the format reverses back to the old format.

How can I fix this? Can I change the format of one column without changing the job in permanent way?

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Without any details of the entire process my guess would involve the table getting combined with another and the result using the format of the other table.

If that is the case then you look at the steps where that table is combined and may have to deal with modifications in the combined sets.

Or possibly a specified format for a report overwriting the default.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation