BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
drj312
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to SAS and I cannot find a solution to this error.

37         ods graphics on;

38         ods rtf path="c:/Users/Josh/Downloads/"

39         file = "c:/Users/Josh/Downloads/cigarettes.rtf";

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /pbr/biconfig/930/Lev1/SASApp/c:/Users/Josh/Downloads/c:/Users/Josh/Downloads/cigarettes.rtf.

ERROR: Fatal ODS error has occurred. Unable to continue processing this output destination.

It seems the path is being amended to the server location instead of replacing the server location.

Please advise on this error, as well as how to properly post the code to this

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi, drj

Your problem is happening because you're Enterprise Guide job is running a SAS instance on a Unix server, which uses a different file naming syntax. You'll have to use a style that starts with a "/", and hopefully you can write to a directory on the server that you can access from your PC.

Asking your SAS administrator for some help would be a good first step.

Tom

ballardw
Super User

Also when you specify Path= then you only want to specify the actual file name without any path, otherwise the path portion gets appended to the original path hence getting:
/c:/Users/Josh/Downloads/c:/Users/Josh/Downloads/cigarettes.rtf

which fails in a Windows environment.

karen_e_wallace
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with a course I'm taking where I need to use SAS Enterprise Guide.

I saw a suggestion in another forum about adding the following to the code preceding the code:

options user='';

However, this isn't working...has anyone else found a work-around or solution?

Many thanks,

Karen

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Karen,

Rather than picking up on an old thread with a variation, you should start a new one.  You need to be more specific about the symptoms.  What is the code that is failing?  What is in the log?  The version of EGuide is also helpful.

Doc

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation