BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I am using SAS client server model EG. I am trying to import files present in my local desktop by using the below code:

proc import datafile='\\machinename\folder\SAS.xlsx' dbms=excel
out=testing replace;

We are having two environments. (Test and produuction). While running the code in test environment it is working properly and file is getting imported. But running the same code in production environment i am getting the error 

ERROR: Unable to open file \machinename\folder\SAS.xlsx. It does not exist or it is already opened
exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Can you please let me know if i am missing anything. I was thinking like the workspace server uses the user credentials for operating the data within my local system should be accessible if i shared that particular folder. 

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

It looks like your prod doesn't have access to that location. 

Try using the import wizard to see if that works. If it does it means you have issues with accessing that location. You can talk to your administrator to see if you can get access. Typically the server model can't access your local drive and you need to upload the file to the server. If your server is set to see this location it should work, but it's rare for a server to have access to a desktop. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation