BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Just_Berto
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

as the title says, is it possible (and if yes, how) to call several projects from a 'master' project?

I've been given a very messy library of many SAS projects and I'm trying to automatize their working without going mad in digging their sorce programs.

Thanks in advance for the help!

4 REPLIES 4
DBain
Fluorite | Level 6
just use %include in your master program. e.g.

%include /path/to/subprogram1.sas;
%include /path/to/subprogram2.sas;

this will execute all the code in subprogram1.sas then all the code in subprogram2.sas
Just_Berto
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks DBain. However I already tried with the %include and it seems to work only with .sas files, and not with .egp files: every time that i run it with a path to an .egp, it throws random errors.

DBain
Fluorite | Level 6

I think you would have to export the EG projects as .sas files and then include them with %include.

This is one of the reasons that we have moved all our production jobs from EG to DI studio.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you want to productionise and schedule EG projects then I'd suggest exporting projects to SAS programs and schedule these on your SAS App server. Doing this on PCs is not reliable or easy to support. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation