BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bn820
Obsidian | Level 7

I am running the below code. keep getting the following error: 

NOTE: Unable to open parameter catalog: SASUSER.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST in update mode. Temporary parameter values will be saved to
WORK.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST.
WARNING: Physical file does not exist, \\NASLOCSHARE220\AGENCYSHARE\Maternal Child Health
Unit\Penelope\DataEvaluation\UU-HDS-ACS-LOH data\DHS Test.csv.
ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

FILENAME DHS "\\NASLOCSHARE220\AGENCYSHARE\Maternal Child Health Unit\Penelope\DataEvaluation\UU-HDS-ACS-LOH data\DHS Test.csv";
FILENAME ACS "\\NASLOCSHARE220\AGENCYSHARE\Maternal Child Health Unit\Penelope\DataEvaluation\UU-HDS-ACS-LOH data\LOH_ACS Test.csv";
FILENAME UU "\\NASLOCSHARE220\AGENCYSHARE\Maternal Child Health Unit\Penelope\DataEvaluation\UU-HDS-ACS-LOH data\UU Test.csv";

/*Loading csv_sheets*/
PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=DHS
out=DHS_Data
dbms=csv
replace;

PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=UU
out=UU_Data
dbms=csv
replace;

PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=ACS
out=ACS_Data
dbms=csv
replace;
RUN;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bn820
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks. it was the path. I corrected it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Spaces and special characters such as - can be problems in paths. It is not impossible that the character you think you see as a dash is some other character so you have a problem getting the proper one into code. Depending on your operating system mixed case of files may also be a problem. Sometimes you may type one space where the file name or path actually has 2 or even worse a different non-printable character.

You may want to copy the entire path from a file manager your operating system uses to make sure you have the characters it sees.

If the Penelope in the path relates to PAT then you really do not want to rely on Proc Import to read their data files. Write a data step to read the CSV and be prepared to change it often as, at least my experience with PAT, is that they won't define variable content and will change it randomly, including column order.

bn820
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks. it was the path. I corrected it

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation