BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pfcraver
Calcite | Level 5

I have a job flow in EG 8.3 that I want to move to a remote server and then use cron to schedule and run the job in a batch like manner.  Looking for the best way to do this as I cannot seem to find a full solution online.

I have actually done this in the distant past just want to make sure that there is not a better way.

So the way i see it the process would basically be the following:

1. come up with a job flow - test etc.

2. Share/Export the all the jobs in the job flow to the remote server.

If I just want to send just the code and not the wrappers and other stuff that EG adds then uncheck the boxes in                 the share screen.

However is there a way to get rid of this:

%LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL='Create todays process list';
%LET _CLIENTPROCESSFLOWNAME='Process Flow';
%LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH='';
%LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATHHOST='';
%LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME='';
%LET _SASPROGRAMFILE='';

3.  use the created job file on the remote server and cron to schedule. e.g. set it the job up in cron.

So any other or better way to do this?  is it possible to make use of the job scheduler in SASMC for instance?
%LET _SASPROGRAMFILEHOST=''

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Ask your SAS administrator about using SAS Management Console (a PC-installed tool) to schedule batch jobs. It's a lot easier than using cron as you avoid the need to start a remote SAS server session.. You also need to export your EG project to a SAS program first though.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation