BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Subutai
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to find matches from one column in a dataset to another column in a different dataset, using SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1. My plan was to import the two datasets and then perform a series of tasks to find matches. Since I'm a novice using SAS, I am not sure what specific tasks I should be performing and what the flow of the tasks should be to achieve this goal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

PROC SQL can do this.

A DATA step merge can do this.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Can you define "matches"??? Can you give us a little example???

--
Paige Miller
Subutai
Calcite | Level 5

Sure, when I say "matches" I'm referring to instances where an ID Number from one dataset can also be found in the other dataset.  

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

PROC SQL can do this.

A DATA step merge can do this.

--
Paige Miller
Subutai
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the assistance, I'll try these out. Sorry if this was an obvious question, I'm still learning. 

NataljaK
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,

The one way is to join two table (Add Tables in Query Builder) by this column using one of the: Left Join, Right Join or Full Outer Join – and putting the fields from both files to new file.
Then you can see where the same fields are in both tables.
Best regards

Natalja

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation