BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ejaz
Calcite | Level 5

In my process flow in SAS EG, I am importing a CSV --> Filter the data through Query Builder --> Output in SAS Data Set

My agenda is to run it through .vbs as per mentioned in the post

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Doing-More-with-SAS-Enterprise-Guide-Automati...

After running it, I want to export data in SAS Data Set to my destination folder (without using a program)

The example in above post do not execute/run the process flow and export the output in the folder.

Any helps please?

One more thing, can I run SAS EG process flow through CLI in Windows?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Adapting the BatchProject.vbs example, you should be able to do something like:

For n=0 to (sasProgram.OutputDatasets.Count -1)
  Dim dataName
  dataName = sasProgram.OutputDatasets.Item(n).Name
  sasProgram.OutputDatasets.Item(n).SaveAs _
    getCurrentDirectory & "\" & dataName & ".sas7bdat"
Next

And using script, you can also run individual process flows -- by name.  See how to address Flows in the ExtractCode.vbs example.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.
Ejaz
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your kind reply,

I don't know how to open my existing sasProgram as per your code. How can I load my .egp file and than set the variable sasProgram?

For n=0 to (sasProgram.OutputDatasets.Count -1)

Let me provide some details about my requirement in steps

Requirement: To execute an existing process flow and save its output through automation script

Steps to follow

1- Open .egp file

2- Click on Run Process Flow

a) Loads data from CSV (Import Data) and create DataSet

b) Perform one or more transformation on DataSet and generate result/final DataSet

3- Save the output tables data result/final (Sas Dataset) via export (or anything) on the disc

The program you are referring to, I have reviewed them. The BatchProject.vbs example does not open a project/sasProject

And, ExtractCode.vbs example does not execute the processflow and does not save the output of executed process flow.

Kindly help

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation