BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alepage
Barite | Level 11

One of our servers has the letter O:

Many of our SAS program are on the Server O as well as some datasets.

For some reasons I don't know the peoples from the informatics has rename the Server O as \\intra\office\..

Is there a way to use an alias server name in order to continue to use the letter O: in our SAS programs and to make sure that this letter O: refer to the server on: \\intra\office\..

Regards,

Alain

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

I would start by using the Windows tools to "Map network drive" to assign O: to that server if possible.

But the steps will need to be done for each computer that wants to use the setting.

alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello Kurt,

Do you have more information on UNC.  How do we use this approach in SAS?

Regards,

Alain

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You are better off using the UNC approach \\intra\office\ as @Kurt_Bremser has already recommended. Drive mappings like O: need to be maintained across all computers using it whereas a UNC once defined can be used by any user with the right permissions.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

In your example the server name in now INTRA. You used to have a standard mapping of the drive letter O to some disk drive and it appears that is no longer being done for you automatically.  

If you can it would be better to change all of the old programs that used to use O:\somefile to instead use \\intra\office\somefile so that they are no longer dependent on the drive letter mapping.  You could even change the programs to set a macro variable at the top and just reference that macro variable.  Then when they decide to move the office share to another server or even move it a sub-directory of some other share you just need to change the definition of the macro variable.

%let topnode=\\intra\office ;
libname mylib = "&topnode/my_project/SAS_data" ;
data mylib.mydata ;
  infile "&topnode/my_project/RAW_data/mydata.csv" dsd ....

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation