BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sreevi
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

How do I create/access a local library in EG client. How should the path be structured in the libname statement?

Thanks for the help.
3 REPLIES 3
darrylovia
Quartz | Level 8
In Windows, you could treat your local pc as a network location. Of course this assumes that the shares are set up properly.

In a code window:
libname mylib '\\ipaddress of my local computer\sharename\';

To get the ip address,
-1) go to run
-2) type cmd
-3) type ipconfig

The share for your local drive is usually c$. But it could be different at your site.

WARNING! The server where SAS is installed may not have access/privilleges to your pc, so you may need to get your system admin folks to set up a share on your pc. You should set up a folder on your local machine just for SAS files and have the network admins share that out to you and the SAS server.

Good luck
-Darryl
deleted_user
Not applicable
Generally, within EG, you don't use a libary statement directly.

1) use "Assign library..."
or
2) use the "SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer"
both off of the "Tools" menu
or
3) define the libary in your SAS MetaData Server.

All three cases require that "Local" to have been defined as a logical SAS workspace server first, accessing (or defined to) "localhost"

I generally don't recommend using system root as the base directory for the "files" specification/option when creating the server.

When you create the libary, there will be an opportunity to simply browse to the location (folder or directory) on the server.

I hope this helps.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
If you don't have SAS installed on your local PC, you can still access your local SAS data sets -- and you can move your remote SAS data sets to your local PC. You can accomplish this with the Upload Data/Download Data tasks, which you can download for Enterprise Guide 4.1 from:

http://www.sas.com/apps/demosdownloads/setupcat.jsp?cat=SAS+Enterprise+Guide

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation