BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

Is there a way to use virutal environments in the Open Source Code node? We have anaconda installed, but will likely need to install some additional packages down the line. I would really prefer using virtual environments in stead of doing installs and updates on a single anaconda installation. I guess we could alternatively run 

conda list --export > requirements.txt

to as a way to save the current working environment before installing or updating something. But I would guess VENV would be a bit easier to roll back if something goes wrong.

Is there some best practice for this in the Model Studio context?

1 REPLY 1
RadhikhaMyneni
SAS Employee

Currently the Open Source Code node in Model Studio does not have a way to invoke a specific virtual environment in the Python install but I do agree that it is useful and will try to look into adding in future release.

When the node executes, the Python executable configured is used to make a call similar to below code where <fileToRun> is constructed on the fly mostly using code from the node editor.

python <fileToRun>

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation