BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dht115
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I am trying to use SAS OR package (BlackBox). I am getting error when I run the following code: 

ERROR 573-782: Solver 'blackbox' is unknown.

When I use nlp package to solve this problem, I am getting output. 

Also is there a way for us to get graphical output for this issue? 

Like ODS graphics on;

proc optmodel;
var x {1..2};
x[1].lb = -5;
x[1].ub = 10;
x[2].lb = 0;
x[2].ub = 15;
num pi = constant('PI');
min f = (x[2]-(5.1/(4*pi^2))*x[1]^2+5*x[1]/pi-6)^2 + 10*(1-1/(8*pi))*cos(x[1]) + 10;
solve with blackbox;
print x;
quit; 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

The black-box optimization solver is available via the SOLVE WITH BLACKBOX statement starting with SAS/OR 15.2:

SAS Help Center: The Black-Box Optimization Solver

Before that, in SAS/OR 15.1, it was called the local search optimization solver and invoked via the SOLVE WITH LSO statement:

SAS Help Center: The Local Search Optimization Solver

In later releases, SOLVE WITH LSO still works as a hidden alias for SOLVE WITH BLACKBOX.

PROC OPTMODEL does support ODS tables:

SAS Help Center: ODS Table and Variable Names

If you are looking for graphical output, you can instead use the CREATE DATA statement to create SAS data sets and then use SGPLOT or other procedures to produce plots.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

According to the documentation "blackbox" is not one of the solvers available. The available solvers are listed here.

RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

The black-box optimization solver is available via the SOLVE WITH BLACKBOX statement starting with SAS/OR 15.2:

SAS Help Center: The Black-Box Optimization Solver

Before that, in SAS/OR 15.1, it was called the local search optimization solver and invoked via the SOLVE WITH LSO statement:

SAS Help Center: The Local Search Optimization Solver

In later releases, SOLVE WITH LSO still works as a hidden alias for SOLVE WITH BLACKBOX.

PROC OPTMODEL does support ODS tables:

SAS Help Center: ODS Table and Variable Names

If you are looking for graphical output, you can instead use the CREATE DATA statement to create SAS data sets and then use SGPLOT or other procedures to produce plots.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation