BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
thistleandtweed
Fluorite | Level 6

hi! I wanted to ask if anyone has managed to perform silhouette analysis in SAS for clustering results before? I had to group emails together based on some predefined conditions on SAS code, and I did that by conducting dimensionality reduction with LDA and then clustering the topic vectors together with Kmeans clustering 

I wish to evaluate the accuracy of the clustering through silhouette analysis so that I can tweak any hyperparameters if needed. However, I can't find much SAS code online about the implementation of it in SAS. Was wondering if anyone had any links or possible guidance on how I can go about tackling it? 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

For those who do not know about silhouette analysis, see "What is the silhouette statistic in cluster analysis?"

As of May 2023, there was not a built-in procedure in SAS that computed the silhouette statistic. I wrote some SAS IML functions to compute the silhouette statistic and to create silhouette plots. You can see my blog post for details and examples. The code is freely available on GitHub, I don't know whether it will serve your needs, but you are welcome to it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

For those who do not know about silhouette analysis, see "What is the silhouette statistic in cluster analysis?"

As of May 2023, there was not a built-in procedure in SAS that computed the silhouette statistic. I wrote some SAS IML functions to compute the silhouette statistic and to create silhouette plots. You can see my blog post for details and examples. The code is freely available on GitHub, I don't know whether it will serve your needs, but you are welcome to it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation