BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Livia_L
Calcite | Level 5

I have a data set with a binary target where only 1.3% of the members are marked as 1, while 98.7% are marked as 0, and I need to run a decision tree on that set. So, I tried two ways of doing that:

1) I created a simple random sample on SAS with 30% of the members marked as 1 and 70% marked as 0, and also created a "weight" variable on the data set, where the weight of the members marked as 1 was 1 and the weight of the others was 22 or something like that. Then, when defining my data source on SAS Miner, I assigned the frequency role to my weight variable. I tried to run the decision tree on that set, but it only returned one node

2) I read the Decisions Node Example from this page https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=emref&docsetTarget=p0ak10c0ywr8mrn1an7tum03sp7g.htm&docsetVe... and tried again, following the instructions. I set the "Decisions", and then connected it to the "Decision Tree", and on Train Properties, I defined Import Tree Model as Yes, runned the tree, and got an error

What I'm doing wrong?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation