BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello!

I am using Viya for Learners. I go to SAS Studio and i make the cas libraries appear throogh the follloing snippet:

cas;
caslib _all_ assign;

Then i create a data set using the data step's datalines facility and i save it in the public cas library.

Through SAS studio i can do anything with this data set.

Then i create a project in Model Studio and i search the public cas libnrary but the newly created data set through data step's datalines in SAS Studio is not there.

Is there a workaround to allow me to use such a data set in Model Studio?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @andreas_zaras,

The key is that you need to "promote" the data table so that it has "global" scope, which enables you to access it from different SAS Viya Applications such as Model Studio. Please see my answer to this in another thread: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/Data-does-not-appear-in-in-SAS-Viya/m-p/737535#M9944

Does that solve your issue? If not, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @andreas_zaras,

The key is that you need to "promote" the data table so that it has "global" scope, which enables you to access it from different SAS Viya Applications such as Model Studio. Please see my answer to this in another thread: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/Data-does-not-appear-in-in-SAS-Viya/m-p/737535#M9944

Does that solve your issue? If not, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Brian

andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your answer. I tried to pormote "public", that was not feasible, but i promoted the cas librabry entitled 'academic' and i could see its contents in Model Studio!

Thanks very much,

Andreas
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @andreas_zaras,

I'm glad to hear that it's working now! Thanks for letting me know.

Also, you are technically promoting the data table to have global scope (so it is accessible across different CAS sessions, which enables you to use it in different Viya applications) instead of session scope (accessible only in that specific CAS session), but the CAS library itself is not being promoted. Just wanted to let you know for your own knowledge because I know that it took me a little while to wrap my head around this sort of stuff when I first started to use Viya.

Best

-Brian

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation