BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
C_Golen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi to all!

I have a data set on SAS Viya version 3.5. I set up an ml model to predict how much the specific product will be sold for each store in my data set. However, while setting up this model, I want to give "By Variable" just like in the forecast studio. In other words, I want to model on a store-item basis with ML solution.

Previously in Enterprise Miner we could do this with start end group. How can we do it in Viya? Also, how to do K-fold cross validation in SAS Viya?

Ref: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-calculate-cross-validation-error-using...

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I am afraid that this "Start Group - End Group" functionality from Enterprise Miner has disappeared in VDMML (when using Model Studio front-end app). I guess it's on the to-do list of Model Studio R&D.

With regard to Cross-Validation (CV) :
Are you wondering how to perform cross-validation inside a Model Studio VDMML pipeline?

In Enterprise Miner I was also using "Start Group - End Group" functionality to achieve that.

Haven't tried to do CV in Model Studio yet.

Outside Model Studio , ... in SAS Studio ... , CV is easy to program.
Let me know if you want an easy program to create the k folds.
See also this :

crossValidateML action in SAS Viya 3.5
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/casactml/casactml_mltools_details02.htm

Here's an example of its usage :

SAS Help Center: Example 20.1 Cross Validation of a Forest Model

Koen

C_Golen
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Koen,

Many thanks for your interest.

Sorry to hear that 😕
My main goal is use it in the front - end. So, it would be great if I can manage to add this option to our pipeline.
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

What exactly do you want the cross-validation for? :

- to honestly estimate the generalization error of the model (detect over-fitting)

- to find the best hyper-parameters

- to ...

What type of model do you want to fit?

• Cross validation is offered within gradient boosting as part of the VDMML.
  • Both gradient boosting and forest models in SAS Model Studio allow for hyper-parameter optimization and cross validation to optimize model properties.

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation