BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
student2
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing SAS Ondemand for Academics: Enterprise Miner for my Windows 8.1 computer. I'm using Internet Explorer as requested by my professor.  I downloaded the Java SE Runtime environment 8u72 (jre-8u72-windows-i586.exe). After I click on the link given by my professor https://odamid.oda.sas.com/SASEnterpriseMinerJWS/main.jnlp I get an error message saying "Application Blocked for Security; Failed to validate certificate; The application will not be executed; SAS Enterprise Miner 14.1." I've cleared the cache from Java as well and I still receive the same error messge. So I'm not sure what to do? Thanks.

-student2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You should probably contact tech support with this issue.

Also, do you have a virus scanner operating? If so, turn it off and give it a try.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

You should probably contact tech support with this issue.

Also, do you have a virus scanner operating? If so, turn it off and give it a try.  

JohnRoth
SAS Employee

It looks like there is an issue with Java 8 Update 72 or 74.  I see that technical support has posted a note about this problem here:  http://support.sas.com/kb/57/635.html

Lenka
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Still having issues after reverting to Java 8 update 73 on 64 bit Windows.

Could it be because the certificate is out of date?

If you look under Details - Cetrificate, it's validity is up to 21 May 2016.

Thanks,

Elena

certificate.png

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation