BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
wave43
Obsidian | Level 7

I can't exclude the 5th element pictured below using the filter node. The bar graph is too small for me to select the element to exclude. It has 17 elements. I have played with the chart settings as well. I have been trying over and over to select with my mouse.

Is there another way I can exclude values from the data set using the filter node? What about the "input data" node? If there is, would you specify the steps!! Thank you!!.

Filter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

One way to do it. Add a Transform Variables node. Click on the SAS Code ellipsis and then write something like the suggestions below.

if myvariable="X" then delete;

if myvariable="X" then myvariable="";

etc.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hey bud,

Your image didn't paste well, or it might be my browser. Attach it again or explain the problem a bit and someone will give you a couple ideas along the lines of Filter, Transform, or SAS Code nodes.

Thanks!

wave43
Obsidian | Level 7

I can't select the one labeled X.

I want to remove these values in my dataset. Tips would be helpful, because I am about to create seperate datasets outside of Miner and re-import. Thanks!!

Filter.png
wave43
Obsidian | Level 7

If you zoom the image you can see it. Thanks.

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

One way to do it. Add a Transform Variables node. Click on the SAS Code ellipsis and then write something like the suggestions below.

if myvariable="X" then delete;

if myvariable="X" then myvariable="";

etc.

I hope this helps!

wave43
Obsidian | Level 7

That worked!  Such an easy solution to everything I am trying. Thank you!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation