BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7

How to perform cross validation on training data to tune hyperparameters in SAS EM? Any tutorial? Cannot find useful resources.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @ycenycute ,

In Enterprise Miner there's no general (point-and-click) framework for training models WITH cross-validation.

You need to integrate pieces of code, that is inevitable!

(Or you can make your own custom node for it / CV, but this is over-kill unless you want to use this node over and over again or if you want other people to use your node)

Best regards,

Koen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I wanted to share my own code for this, but need some more time to re-find it on my file-system.

It has been more than 2 years meanwhile since I have last used Enterprise Miner (using Model Studio in VIYA nowadays).

But check out these articles (they might help you out already) :

Using cross-validation in Enterprise Miner
Posted 11-07-2015 11:02 AM
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Data-Mining-and-Machine/Using-cross-validation-in-Enterprise-Mine...

Assessing Models by using k-fold Cross Validation in SAS® Enterprise Miner ™
Posted 05-11-2017 11:54 AM | by Funda_SAS
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Assessing-Models-by-using-k-fold-Cross-Valida...

Good luck,

Koen

ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for the links. I am aware of those posts. Wondering is there easy way to do it without writing codes? Like drag some nodes and run it?
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @ycenycute ,

In Enterprise Miner there's no general (point-and-click) framework for training models WITH cross-validation.

You need to integrate pieces of code, that is inevitable!

(Or you can make your own custom node for it / CV, but this is over-kill unless you want to use this node over and over again or if you want other people to use your node)

Best regards,

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation