BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a dataset where the Y variable is a binary variable. I have partitioned the data into training and testing, and connect a logistic regression node to the partition node. I am wondering the is confusion matrix in the results only for the training data only? Cuz I see the role = TRAIN (see below). If so, is there a way to get the confusion matrix for testing data to do the evaluation?

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @ycenycute ,

The Logistic Regression node does not show the confusion matrix for the test data set.  You will need to write your own SAS code in order to get this confusion matrix.  If you add a SAS Code node after the Logistic Regression node, you can write the following code to get the confusion matrix:

*** I am using the target variable named target.  If your target variable is named 'bad', then use f_bad and i_bad.

proc freq data=&_test;
tables f_target*i_target; /* f_ = from ; i_ = into */
run;

The code is the same for any modeling node.  It can be Neural Networks, Tree, Regression, etc.

Good luck,

Koen

ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7
I followed your code, I created a SAS code and connected to the regression node. I opened code editor in the property panel and wrote the following code in Training code.

proc freq data=&_test;
tables f_Status*i_Status; /* f_ = from ; i_ = into */
run;

But it threw run time error. The system error returned was 3000.
ycenycute
Obsidian | Level 7
Looks like the error is related to this "tables f_Status*i_Status; /* f_ = from ; i_ = into */". symbol not recognized.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation