BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChrisYan2110
Calcite | Level 5

Recently, I am using the enterpriser miner 15.1 for association analysis of my transaction data. I have 3 dataset with the same structure and I can run association analysis successfully on previous 2. However, I failed on the last one which report a error 1016. Then, I have rechecked the role of that data and it is correctly set to transaction. How can I tackle this problem?

There are only two input used for the association node. First one is Invoice which is the invoice id and the role is ID, second one is StockCode which is the product ID and the role of it is target.

Previous 2 are having over 30000 observations, and the last one only contains around 2000 observations. 

Here is the log file:

----- Potential 1 item sets = 973 -----
Counting items, records read: 2176
Number of customers: 71
Support level for item sets: 1
Maximum count for a set: 13
Sets meeting support level: 973
Megs of memory used: 0.51

----- Potential 2 item sets = 472878 -----
Maximum count for a set: 8
Sets meeting support level: 115018
Megs of memory used: 30.72

----- Potential 3 item sets = 10730963 -----
Maximum count for a set: 5
Sets meeting support level: 10434731
Megs of memory used: 717.30
Error: Out of memory. Memory used=4224.0 meg.

Item Set 4 is null.
ERROR: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of insufficient memory.
WARNING: The data set EMWS19.ASSOC3_ASSOC may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 10550723 observations and 6 variables.
11501 quit;
* ERROR: Run time error was encountered. The system error returned was 1016.
* Please report unresolved problems to Technical Support.

1 REPLY 1
PeterChristie
SAS Employee

Check with your local SAS Administrator about possibly increasing the -MEMSIZE parameter in the SAS config file (sasv9.cfg) from the default value of 2G. 

If you are trying to chain 4 items with the Association node using this particular dataset, you may still get the same error even with a higher memsize. Your log shows a high number of potential item sets. Check to see how these differ from the runs with your other datasets that ran successfully.

Before changing the MEMSIZE, first try setting the Maximum Items property under Association to 2 instead of the default 4 and see if the node will complete. Check the results to see if they are what you expect and make sense.

Then, try increasing the minimum thresholds of the Association properties to get results with more items in the chain.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation