BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
viva0521
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi there,

I am trying to do some linear regression in SAS enterprise miner. When I add polynomial terms in my model, it seems miner only allow me to do up to 3 degree polynomial? Would anyone suggest how can I do more than 3 degree in SAS, thanks in advance!

Best,

Peiyu

4 REPLIES 4
Funda_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Peiyu,

There is no limit on the number of polynomials in SAS/STAT linear modeling procedures including PROC REG.

For easy coding of polynomials, take a look at the EFFECT statement:

SAS/STAT(R) 13.2 User's Guide

Funda

viva0521
Fluorite | Level 6

Funda,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check it out. By the way, you said "There is no limit on the number of polynomials in SAS/STAT linear modeling procedures including PROC REG.", do you mean there is no limit in SAS enterprise miner as well?  Please see attached pic below, whenever I tried to specify polynomial degree to 4 or 5, it will be forced set as 3. Any comment? Thanks.

screenshot.bmp

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

It seems there is a limit on the "Polynomial Degree" property in EM. If you want to include only some polynomial terms, try to use the Term Editor.

viva0521
Fluorite | Level 6

Batho,

I just want to test to see how my model looks like if higher polynomial degree was included. At the mean time, I still want to keep those non-polynomial terms. Thanks. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation