BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AnnaGeorge1
Calcite | Level 5

How do you use a user-defined partition in Enterprise Miner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

First separate training and validation data based on partition indicator variable in SAS EG or using SAS code node and save to project Library.

Then using SAMPLE -> Input data node add these two data into the process flow, and assign their respective roles (Train or valid).

gcjfernandez_gmail_com_0-1627572374143.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

You can use data partition node and input user-defined train, validation and test percentages:

gcjfernandez_gmail_com_0-1627539870896.png

AnnaGeorge1
Calcite | Level 5

I am not asking how to partition the data. My data set has a validation column where the observations are already identified as test, train, or valid. What I want to know is how I can use that to communicate with Enterprise Miner that the data are already partitioned.

gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

First separate training and validation data based on partition indicator variable in SAS EG or using SAS code node and save to project Library.

Then using SAMPLE -> Input data node add these two data into the process flow, and assign their respective roles (Train or valid).

gcjfernandez_gmail_com_0-1627572374143.png

MelodieRush
SAS Employee

You can use the following code in the SAS Code node to divide your data into training, validation and test datasets to be used for Enterprise Miner nodes

data &EM_EXPORT_TRAIN &EM_EXPORT_VALIDATE &EM_EXPORT_TEST;

set &EM_IMPORT_DATA; 

if partition_key=1 then output &EM_EXPORT_TRAIN;

else if partition_key=2 then output &EM_EXPORT_VALIDATE;

else if partition_key=3 then output &EM_EXPORT_TEST;

run;

Put this code in the training code section which is the top icon selected in the image below.

Picture1.png

Your flow would/could look something like this:

Picture2.png

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation