BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidLie
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project that requires me to do some classification, so I thought of PROC HPSPLIT. Particularly, I am interested to look at the subtree that it produced. However, as I am working on 5 different variables and there is one nominal variable (account) that has about 100 levels, it seems that the subtree outcome was only shown for the first three decisions. Is there a way that the PROC HPSPLIT can return me with a complete decision tree?

proc hpsplit data=data.trial1 seed=123;
class ATT_Type account att_war_d;
model ln_eq_sales=ln_eq_price ATT_Type account att_war_d ln_cost ln_btu;
run;

Your guidance will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance and have a good day.

Best,
David

1 REPLY 1
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I think I know what you're asking about, but not 100% sure so if you could include a screenshot, that would be helpful.

If it's about how sometimes you only see part of the rule in the HP Tree results in the Tree plot, with a "..." at the end, in that case you might have to look at the score code or Node Rules to see the entire rule.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation