BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BenjaminDeKoven
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to score new observations based on initial scoring using PROC HPCLUS?  I have seen posts on using FASTCLUS, but also interested in using HPCLUS.

Thank you,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

PROC HPCLUS has a CODE statement to save the DATA step score code, so you can use that, then score your new data with it:

proc hpclus...;
 /* other statements */
  code file="hpclus.sas";
run;

data scored_data;
  set data_to_score;
  %inc "hpclus.sas";
run;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

PROC HPCLUS has a CODE statement to save the DATA step score code, so you can use that, then score your new data with it:

proc hpclus...;
 /* other statements */
  code file="hpclus.sas";
run;

data scored_data;
  set data_to_score;
  %inc "hpclus.sas";
run;

BenjaminDeKoven
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for this excellent tip.

What are your suggestions to determine if a new observation's cluster scoring indicates that an additional cluster is now present compared to the training dataset?

BenjaminDeKoven
Calcite | Level 5

My dataset for training basically contains different platters / surfaces with defects at known locations (x and y).

How can I setup HPCLUS to use the distinct defects on multiple platters for traning?

Thank you,

Ben DeKoven

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation