BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LB3
Calcite | Level 5 LB3
Calcite | Level 5

I am following the example in this tutorial but using a different data set from a CSV file which contains a list of customers with several categorical input variables along with a binary target variable (1,0) of those that had converted:

support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/emgsj/67981/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0o0v7spwdeoqcn11vnwnuc8x91l.htm

However, when I run the final SAS Code, I get an output of the entire list when what I expected from the tutorial was a list of potential customer conversions. I'm not sure settings might need to be changed because I didn't use the Wizard as indicated on this page:

support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/emgsj/67981/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0uuvzj5du0ohon13mr6xboyf945.htm

but rather simply imported another CSV file and changed the Role to Score to take the place of the sample DONOR_SCORE_DATA with all of the customers who had not yet converted. Any ideas on what could have gone wrong? Let me know if you need any further clarification.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
I would expect to get all data scored and then you'd filter the list based on what is scored as a high potential conversions.
LB3
Calcite | Level 5 LB3
Calcite | Level 5

That's what I'm missing. The SAS Code looks something like this, but obviously it doesn't give me any score. 'Conversion' is my target variable, but that field doesn't exist in the dataset to be scored since they are all Conversion = 0. When I try to add variables such as EM_EVENTPROBABILITY or EM_CLASSTARGET I get an error message. Not sure what variable to use to show what the high potential conversions should be.

proc sort data= EMWS1.Score_SCORE out= bestlist;
by descending State_Code;
run;

proc print data= bestlist;
var TIN SalesIndicator Footprint Tenure State_Code;
run;

SAS Code nodeSAS Code nodeDataset to be scoredDataset to be scored

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation