BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bruno_F
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I try to use the HPBNET node in SAS EM in order to explain a target variable from input variables. By using this node, i would like to know the links between input variables and the effects on my target variable.
I tested several BN structures but only my target variable is a parent in my graph..
Can someone explain to me why my target is always a child ? How is it possible to make predictions if there is no parent variable for my target variable ?

Thanks !

Bruno
2 REPLIES 2
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

It depends on the structure of your network.  With a Parent-child or Markov blanket structure, the inputs can be parents of the target.  This paper has all the details and equations of how the predictions for a target are obtained from a Bayesian network: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0474-2017.pdf

Bruno_F
Calcite | Level 5

Hello WendyCzika,

Thank you for your answer !

I built a Bayesian Network Model in order to explain a binary variable. Is it possible to compute a kind of "contribution" in order to know which input variable is the most contributive in my model to explain my target ?

Also, I picked up the Scoring code from my model but I don't understand the rules on it :

Can someone can explain to me what is compute in this rule (in red) because is not a probability..

else if _I28 = 1
then do;
  _target_score_HPBNC1{1}+(-1.538266175076);
  _target_score_HPBNC1{2}+(-0.241757117828);
end;

Best regards,

Bruno

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation