BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
paulaxa1
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using a demo version of SAS Viya. I want to recreate the benchmark experiments for of the hyperparameter optimization tool "autotune". The version I use is online, I haven't downloaded anything, I just log in and I have access to SAS Studio. I have uploaded the CSV files I want to use, they are under the "Explorer", in the SAS Content/Users/(my username)/dataCSV folder (See Image). 

When I right click on the file and copy the file location, and use that file location for the infile statement, I get the "ERROR: Physical file does not exist" error. 

This is a sample of the code, same error same problem. What should I do? (again I am using online version I haven't downloaded anything). Thanks in advance.

data work.Banana;
   infile "/Users/paulxaxaxaxa@gmail.com/dataCSV/banana.csv" delimiter=',';  /* set path appropriately */
   input 
      Y
      X1
      X2 ;
run;

Untitled.png

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User
Right click on the file, select properties and see if that doesn't have the path to the file there.
paulaxa1
Fluorite | Level 6
I did that I also say it in my original post. I get the Physical file does not exist" error.
Reeza
Super User

You copied and pasted the exact path? It is case sensitive as well.

Reeza
Super User
Another option is to use the import task not code it. The GUI allows you to point it to the file and then check the log/code to see what path it used.
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @paulaxa1,

@Tom is right, you need to use the FILESRVC engine to interact with data located in SAS Content (SAS Drive).  So your code would look something like this:

filename in FILESRVC folderpath='/Users/paulxaxaxaxa@gmail.com/dataCSV/' filename='banana.csv';

data work.Banana;
   infile in delimiter=','; 
   input Y X1 X2;
run;

Does that work for you?

Best,

-Brian

paulaxa1
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @Tom and @BrianGaines . It worked. I also managed to use %include to include another SAS code file by this:

filename myfldr filesrvc folderPath = '/Public/Projects/';
%include myfldr ('SAS2017-0514_benchmark_datasets.sas');

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 in conversation