BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
julieb1
Calcite | Level 5

I'd like to export and use the machine learning models I've created in Viya Model Builder in my application. How do I get them out of Viya and into my application? Is this what SWAT is for? If so, what SWAT interface would be used to invoke my models, pass them input data, and collect the resulting predictions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaisyQL
Fluorite | Level 6

To my understanding of your question, once you finished building your model in Model Builder, export it into the Model Manager. Externally, your application could make a RESTful request to Model Manager, in your RESTful call you might be able to submit the input data for prediction. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DaisyQL
Fluorite | Level 6
If you have Viya Model Manager, you could publish the model to the Viya Model Manager directly from Model Builder.
https://documentation.sas.com/api/docsets/mdlmgrug/15.3/content/mdlmgrug.pdf?locale=en
julieb1
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your reply. I do have Model Manager, yes. What I'm wondering is if I can extract the code and use it externally from Viya. Is there a CAS runtime I can embed in my application?

DaisyQL
Fluorite | Level 6

To my understanding of your question, once you finished building your model in Model Builder, export it into the Model Manager. Externally, your application could make a RESTful request to Model Manager, in your RESTful call you might be able to submit the input data for prediction. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation