BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MR_Xishuai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

My observations have FOUR variables: ID, DATE, year1 and year2. I want to create times series(frequency: yearly) data between year1 and year2.

I have already use proc transpose to create a variable YEAR which has year1 and year2 for each observation.

for example for observation A, if year1=1995 and year2=2006, then after the proc transpose I will have two observations A1 with YEAR=1995 and A2 with YEAR=2006.

Then I want to create all the time series observations with YEAR between 1995 and 2006. Namely, Year=1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.

I tried to use proc expand to solve the problem(I did so with monthly data), but the code below does not work:#

proc expand data=mysample out=mysample1 From=year to=year;

by ID Date;

id YEAR;

convert YEAR;

run;

The code does not work. Is it because I should not use Proc expand or is there something wrong with the code? Or could anyone tell how to solve the problem?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Astounding
PROC Star

This should be pretty close to what you need:

data mysample1;

set mysample;

do year = year1 to year2;

output;

end;

drop year1 year2;

run;

If that's not it, perhaps you could explain a little more about what you are looking for.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Xishuai,

Not sure if I understand right the structure of your data.

Can you provide an example of what your data looks like and the format that you need it?

Thanks,

Miguel

Anotherdream
Quartz | Level 8

Ah astounding you beat me right to it!

I also think what you are asking for is exactly accomplished by Astounding... I actually came to the exact same solution, a little late tho.

Astounding
PROC Star

This should be pretty close to what you need:

data mysample1;

set mysample;

do year = year1 to year2;

output;

end;

drop year1 year2;

run;

If that's not it, perhaps you could explain a little more about what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation